Thursday, September 28, 2023

I will not........

" I will not....." That is what we say to our God when sin, isn't it? We are telling God that we want our will and not His. 

If I am being honest, I see in myself both sons mentioned in the parable of this Sundays Gospel reading.  When I recite the Creed every Sunday, I am saying "yes, this is what I believe." But my actions are not always consistent with what I profess to believe, When I pray the Our Father, I say "your will be done" But I don't always do my God's will. I fall short. Often.

Many times throughout the week, I say "I will not...." if not in word, then certainly in deed. Does this strike a chord with you? Upon reflection can you not identify with these sons of the father?

If your answer is "yes," the good news is that our God is Merciful and Forgiving. If we break from sin and do what is right and just we shall know the Mercy of our God. This is the promise our Lord gives us in this Gospel. Tax collectors and prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God........

May our actions glorify God our Father!

                      + Theophilus

No comments:

Post a Comment