Thursday, May 11, 2023

 

Sunday 14 May

Sixth Sunday of Easter

John 14:15-21

 

O’ Lord, You are more than a character in a story, beyond a hero in tragic a novel and all that could never be described adequately.

You, Lord You remain the Holy of Holies and the majestic God of all creation who I trust in with all my soul.

            Spirit of Truth – quench my thirst!

O’ Lord, You are the ointment to the deep wounds of loss that I carry like a heavy boulder sitting upon my shoulders.

You, Lord, stand beside me healing the painful holes in my heart left behind from those who have gone home and loved.

            Spirit of Christ – give me liberty!

O’ Lord, Spirit of Wisdom, and Good Counsel, I cry out to you like that that one lost sheep who wandered from the flock.

Lord, how must long longer must I wait before I stand before Your Glory - for my soul is battered from this journey called life.

            Spirit of Adoption – sustain me!

O’ Lord, You are the Divine Comforter, my Holy Ally who blows like the wind and falls like the rain from above.

Holy Advocate, teach me the way to survive and forge ahead in ways that are unknown to me now.

            Spirit of Divine Knowledge – mentor me for what’s left of my journey!

The Pilgrim

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment