Wednesday, November 9, 2022

 

Gospel Reflection – Luke 21: 5-19

November 13, 2022

Putting the House in Order

 

O’ Lord, sacred prophecy declares that You will return to sweep the earth clean.

How I anticipate Your arrival and broom to a house sullied by man for too long,

            Blessed be the Holy Redeemer!

Lord, man has proven himself the fool countless times, by testing You.

Your patience must be like melting ice that is ready to give way to the presssure.

            Glory to the Just Judge!

O’ Lord, You anoint us with the Spirit in preparation of the approaching storm.

There will be no armistice considered, for Your mighty hand will crush all inequity.

            Praise to the Just Judge!

Lord, forgive me the times of betrayal, when I fled and ran from You in the garden.

Only Your mercy can redeem me, no word uttered from these lips, no virtuous act.

            Blessed be the Spirit of Salvation!

O’ Lord, prepare my house and keep me free from the seductions of evil men.

For I am easily duped by earthly riches, alluring promises and false declarations.

            Glory to the Patron of Truth!

My Beloved, if put to the test this day I will not be alone for You stand at my side.

No trial or tribulation can withstand Your mighty hand and rod of justice.

            Praise to the God of Refuge!

                                                                                                            The Pilgrim

 

No comments:

Post a Comment