Thursday, November 14, 2019

Stay Faithful.







In this weeks gospel  Luke 21: 5-19 Jesus explains  to the disciples that the world as they know it will come to an end.  He also explains what they can do as followers.  It starts with Jesus and the disciples discussing how beautiful Herod’s Temple is.  At the time it was something unbelievable to see.  It had been under construction for over 40 years.  There was incredible stone work, gold , and there was nothing like it anywhere. Still as impressive as it was Jesus warned that  one day it was going to collapse. He said that the entire temple would be “thrown down.”The disciples were taken back by this prediction and wanted to know more. Jesus continues with his  (doom and gloom) prophecy and gave three more signs to look for. The Signs were false prophets, natural disasters  around the world and  fighting among the nations.   Jesus also goes on to say that there will be a time when his followers will be persecuted.  They will be persecuted because of their belief in Him. Most importantly, Jesus also says that even though all of these terrible things will happen, don’t worry. Stand firm in your faith and you have absolutely nothing to worry about. 

      Personally, after reading this gospel I wasn’t too sure how much time we have left.  There are natural disasters popping up left and right. It seems like wild fires, hurricanes and every disaster possible has been happening. Let’s not forget about the  wars.  There is always a war going on someplace in the world. With all this going on you start to wonder how  long can we continue like this? Have you ever thought about it?  If we are truly in the “end days” are you ok with how you are living your Christian life? Are you content with how you walk the walk?  Are you ok with the way you display your faith in Jesus.  I spend a decent amount of time thinking about my life and death. Inevitably, I question how well I’m doing in God’s eyes. I start wonder if I’m “doing it right.” Am I the type do follower Jesus wants me to be?    Over the last few years I’ve been blessed  to have some incredible followers of Jesus in my life. They remind me that there is nothing that I can do to that is “wrong”  They remind me that God’s Grace is there to make up for the times that I think I fall short.   

     Just as Jesus prophesied the end of the world he also said that his disciples were to remain faithful.  When you read about the natural disasters and wars among nations it is very easy to get discouraged.  Thankfully Jesus, assures us that God will be with the us no matter what.   Maybe your natural disaster is something taking place inside your home and your war is with your spouse or co worker. It is in those times that Jesus is very  present. In every situation we face today and tomorrow Jesus will be present and ready to protect his followers.    The end of the world as we know it may very well be the start of the world as God knows it.  Stay faithful. 

Anonymous 

No comments:

Post a Comment