Thursday, January 4, 2024

 

CALLED TO THE RIVER

Sunday 7 January 2024

Mark 1: 7-11

 

O’ Lord, grateful I am to You for allowing this outcast to be summoned to the river of anointing.

Lord, I heard the footsteps of those before me, yet hesitated to follow their lead to the water.

Glory to the Divine Call!

 

Lord, something is pulling me to this unfamiliar place where crowds gather in a hushed silence.

Reluctantly, I am in their midst and being called into the river by a man emboldened by You,

Praise to Adonai the Mighty!

 

O’ Lord, as my body is immersed by hands of might, I emerge cleansed and purified somehow.

The heavy weight of my sin is lifted, and I am a new creature of the God Almighty.

Glory to the God of Restoration!

 

But now, Yeshua is being baptized with water to begin a radical, unprecedented baptism of fire.

“Straightway there descends a dove white as snow, bearing in its beak an ampulla full of chrism sent from heaven.” Joan of Arc - citation.

 

O’ Spirit of the Father -reign down on me.

O’ Spirit of Christ – call out to me.

O’ Spirit of Truth – embrace me tightly.

O’ Spirit of Holiness – fill me completely.

O’ Spirit of Adoption – provide me shelter.

O’ Spirit of grace – quench my thirst.

O’ Spirit of Glory -revive my spirit.

Keep Praying, my friends!

                                                                                                     The Pilgrim.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment