Thursday, August 17, 2023

 

Change of Heart

Matthew 15: 21-28 Gospel

August 20, 2023

 

O’ Lord, do You hear my cries from below for help that mimic those of the Canaanite woman?

Lord, at times I feel pinned against a wall, seemingly trapped and with no hope of escape.

              Hear my plea, Holy Redeemer!

Father God, are You listening from above and hear my bewailing, “Lord, help me?”

Do not allow my heart to be hardened like stone because of the world’s apathy and indifference.          Hear my plea, Savior of the World!

Lord, espy me as You walk by and as I call out to you from this place of hunger and need.

You know all Yeshua, including the utterances in my mind that hopefully will give You pause.

              Hear my plea, God of 70 times 70!

O’ Lord, this little outcast (the Canaanite) stopped You in your tracks and changed Your heart.

Grateful I am to have a God like You who bends rather than breaks and who is soft with the rod.

              Hear my praise, God of Opportunity!

Father God, on this fateful day the gates of Heaven opened wide with Your change of heart.

For this little one of great faith inspired You to invite all to the feast who love and trust.

              Hear my thanks, God of Wisdom!

“Pray for us dear, Canaanite sister!”

                                                                                                     The Pilgrim.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment