Wednesday, June 8, 2022

 

THE MOST HOLY TRINITY

John 16: 12-15 - Gospel Reflection for June 12, 2022

 

I have three children.  I love each one with all my heart and soul.  Each one is different.  Each one has their own unique gifts, talents, personality.  My relationship with each child is also unique, but with one thing in common:  with each one the relationship is based on unconditional, sacrificial love.

 

Nothing has allowed me to gain a fuller sense of The Most Holy Trinity than my three children.  One God – three persons.  Each “person” unique.  Each “person” providing a different relationship – but each a relationship with the One True God. A relationship based on unconditional, sacrificial love.

 

And whether I contemplate my relationship with my children, or my relationship with God, that sense of “ONE” is overwhelming.     God’s love for each of us – whether we are contemplating the one who created us, the one who sacrificed himself for us, or the one who guides us – is so deep, so profound, that’ God’s own glory is “declared” to each of us. 

 

“Everything that the Father has is mine; for this reason I told you that he will take from what is mine and declare it to you.”

 

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit.  ONE with each other; One with me.

 

One with you.

 

“Call Me Ishmael”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment