Thursday, January 6, 2022

The Baptism of Our Lord

It is clear in reading the scriptures that our Lord intends for us to be one with Him. We are, after all, "One Body in Christ." The name announced to Mary by the angel Gabriel - Emmanuel - means "God with us." So many places in scripture drive this point home; As Jesus Himself prays during the Last Supper: 

"I pray not only for them, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, so that they may all be one, as you, Father, are in me and I in you, that they also may be in us, that the world may believe that you sent me." John 17:20

And again:

"Whoever loves me will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him." John 14:23

My prayer for each of you my brothers as we begin the new year is this: May we share in the communion that is the Love of our God, and may we become a reflection of our Lord Jesus Christ - so that God our Father may look upon each one of us, as He does upon our Lord and say  “You are my beloved Son; with you I am well pleased.”

                  + Theophilus


No comments:

Post a Comment