Wednesday, May 22, 2019

God's Plan



This weeks Gospel is from John 14: 23-29 and its when Jesus is explaining that he is going to be leaving soon. He is trying to comfort his disciples and let them know that even though they don’t fully understand all of the details, they do not need to be afraid. He let’s them know that the Holy Spirit will be there to give them the understanding that they are asking for. As I read the gospel I immediately connected with the discussion that was going on between Jesus and the disciples. Jesus is explaining to the disciples that something that is out of their control must happen. He must leave. Even though Jesus tries to keep them “cool” and tells them he will return they still have questions and aren’t quite sure why. Jesus even explains that you don’t really have all the answers but you need to have faith. He says “Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful” Jesus is saying that you need to have faith. Have faith in what I have said and done. Have faith in the plan that God has for us. It was very painful to accept but, what Jesus and the disciples wanted at that time wasn’t as important as what God wanted.

I’ve been there before...There have been countless times in my life when I felt just as confused as the disciples. My life being flipped upside down without a reason. Struggling to make sense of what I’m going to do next. As I get older I’m starting to realize that everyone has those moments. We all have challenges. Everyone has that day when they say “why”? Why did that happen? Why did they die so soon? Why did it turn out that way?? The question really isn’t “why” We as Christians can ask “Who”? Who do we turn to when we are lost? Who has the answers for us? That who is The Holy Spirit. As Jesus said “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things...” Jesus was very clear when he says “all things”. I truly believe that there isn’t one challenge on earth that Holy Spirit can not help you with. I really think that if you are willing to let The Holy Spirit guide you when you are at your low points, that your life can be turned around. The key is to be willing. You have to be willing to let go and let God into your heart. If you can do what Jesus said and not let your heart be troubled, the solution to all of you problems will reveal itself. My experience during those challenging moments is usually starts by being stunned by whatever the situation is. Then there is panic and then there is some more panic and then there is prayer. Typically, during prayer I get the reminder to stay “cool” and trust the lord. Ultimately, I remember that there may be some things in life that I don’t want to happen but, sometimes its a must. Sometimes we just have to stick it out and trust the plan. Not our plan. Life unfolds according to God’s plan and that is the only plan that truly matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment